Product:5mm Blue 546 dip oval led for display led light
High intensity, good consistency, low decay .
Available in various colors and view angle
Low light decay: 10% of first 1000 hours
Solid-state, high shock and vibration resistant
No RF interfence
Maintenance free,easy installation
Long life 30000-50000hours
Standard T-1 3/4 diameter package
General purpose leads
Item: 5mm 546 oval blue led
Dimensions available: 5mm
Lens color available: color transparent
Shape availabe: Oval
Chips Brand: Epileds, Epistar, Bridgelux, etc.
Color available: blue
Life Span: 30000-50000 hours
Forward voltage: 2.9-3.6V
Reverse Current: 5uA
Forward Current: 20mA
Light intensity: 400-600mcd
Beam Angle: 110
Reverse Voltage: 5V
Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to + 80°C
Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to + 80°C
Delivery days: 7-15 work days
Payment: T/T, Western union, Paypal Escrow
Warranty: 2 years
1. Indoor and outdoor commercial lighting
2. Architectural Lighting
3. General lighting
4. Automotive lights
5. Mood Lighting, LED module
6. Traffic Light
7. LCD TV / monitor backlights
8. LED display
9. Reading light, LED torch
10. Craft flashlights, headlights
Data Sheet For 5mm Super Bright Blue LED – 546 Series Angle 110° Class:U
Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta=25℃
- Standard T-1 Diameter Type Package.
- General Purpose Leads
- Reliable and Rugged
Electrical Optical Characteristics at Ta=25°C
|Peak Forward Current
(≦1/10 Duty Cycle, 0.1ms Pulse Wide)
|Continuous Forward Current
|Derating Linear From 50°C
|Operating Temperature Range
||-40°C to +80°C
|Storage Temperature Range
||-40°C to +80°C
|Lead Soldering Temperature
[ 4mm(.157”) From Body]
|260°C for 3 Seconds
IF = 20mA(Note8)
| luminous intensity Iv / mcd
IF = 20mA (Note 5)
IF = 20mA
|Reverse Voltage = 5V
||Reverse Current = 1μA
1. All dimensions arei n millimeter.
2. Tolerance of measurementi s ±0.25mm(.01”) unless others otherwise noted.
3. Protruded resin under flangesi s 1.0mm(0.4”) max.
4. Lead spacingi s measured where the leads emerge from the package.
5. Luminous intensityi s measured with a light sensor and filter combination that approximates the CIE eye-response curve.
Tolerance of measurement of luminous intensityi s ±15%
6. θ1/2i s the off-axis angle at which the luminous intensityi s half the axial luminous intensity.
It use many parameters that correspond to the CIE 1931 2°
Tolerance of measurement of angle is± 20 degree
7. Caution in ESD: Static Electricity and surge damages the LED. lti s recommended to use a wrist band or anti-electrostatic
glovewhen handling the LED.All devices, equipment and machinery must be properly grounded.
8. The dominant wavelength λdi s derived from the CIE chromaticity diagram and represents the single wavelength which
defines the color of the device.
9. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
CAUTIONS- Super Bri ght LED
(1) Lead Forming
1. At least 5mm from the base of the epoxy bulb should be keep when forming leads.
1. Do not use the base of the leadframe as a fulcrum during lead forming.
Lead forming should be done before soldering.
1. Because the stress to the base may damage the characteristics or it may break the LEDs, do not apply any
bending stress to the base of the lead
1. When mounting the LEDs onto a PCB, the holes on the circuit board should be exactly aligned with the leads of
the LEDs. Stress at the leads should be avoid when the LEDs are mounted on the PCB, because it causes damage to the
epoxy resin and this will degrade the LEDs.
a. The LEDs should be stored at stored at 30 ℃ or less and 70%RH or less after being shipped and the storage life limits
are 3 months.
b. If the LEDs are stored more then 3 months, they can be stored for a year in a sealed container with a nitrogen
atmosphere and moisture absorbent material.
c. Please avoid rapid transitions in ambient temperature, especially, in high humidity environments where condensation
(3) Static Electricity
a. Static electricity or surge voltage damages the LEDs.
b. It is recommended that a wristband or an anti-electrostatic glove be used when handling the LEDs.
c. All devices, equipment and machinery must be properly grounded.
d. It is recommended that measures be taken against surge voltage to the equipment that mounts the LEDs.
e. Damaged LEDs will show some unusual characteristics such as the leak current remarkably increases, the forward voltage
becomes lower, or the LEDs do not light at the low current.
Criteria: (VF>2.0V at IF=0.5mA)
(4) Heat Generation
a. Thermal design of the end product was most importance. Please consider the heat generation of the LED when making the
b. The thermal resistance of the circuit board and density of LED placement on the board, as well as other components was
the important factor affecting the coefficient of temperature increase per input electric power. It must be avoid
intense heat generation and operate within the maximum ratings given in the specification.
c. The operating current should be decided after considering the ambient maximum temperature of LEDs.
1. It is recommended that isopropyl alcohol be used as a solvent for cleaning the LEDs. When using other solvents, it
should be confirmed beforehand whether the solvents will dissolve the resin or not. Freon solvents should not be used
to clean the LEDs because of worldwide regulations.
1. Do not clean the LEDs by the ultrasonic. When it is absolutely necessary, the influence of ultrasonic cleaning on the
LEDs depends on factors such as ultrasonic power and the assembled condition. Before cleaning, a pre-test should be
done to confirm whether any damage to the LEDs would occur.
• A minimal cathode area of 0.18 × 0.18 inch2 × 2 is recommended for P4 LEDs.
• Soldering LEDs at not less than 3 mm from the base of the package and below the tie-bar is recommended.
• The LED soldering specification is shown as below (suitable for both leaded solder and lead-free solder).
Manual soldering onto a PCB is not recommended.
Recommended soldering profile:
* Various lead-free solder types are required for different solder conditions. Please contact your Cree sales
representa tive for details.
• Do not apply any stress to the LED package, particularly when heated.
• LEDs must not be re-used once extracted from a PCB.
• After soldering the LEDs, the package should be protected against mechanical shock or vibration until the LEDs have
reached 40ºC or below.
• Mechanical stress on the LEDs may cause PCB warpage, clinching or cutting of the LED leads.
• When clamping LEDs during soldering is required, be sure that no mechanical stress is exerted on the LEDs.
• Lead cutting must be performed at normal room temperature (25°C). Lead cutting at an elevated temperature can cause LED
l Care must be taken to ensure that the reverse voltage will not exceed the absolute maximum rating when using the LEDs
with matrix drive. Keeping the Normal Forward to 20 mA.
l The LEDs described in this brochure are intended to be used for ordinary electronic equipment (such as office
equipment, communications equipment, measurement instruments and household appliances). Consult Hoprled sales staff in
advance for information on the applications in which exceptional quality and reliability are required, particularly
when the failure or malfunction of the LEDs may directly jeopardize life or health (such as for airplanes, aerospace,
submersible repeaters, nuclear reactor control systems, automobiles, traffic control equipment, life support systems
and safety devices).
c.User shall not reverse engineer by disassembling or analysis of the LEDs without having prior written consent from Hopr
led. When defective LEDs are found, the User shall inform Hoprled directly before disassembling or analysis.
d. The LEDS regular service condition: at 30 ℃ or less and 50%RH or less and 20Ma or less.
e.The appearance and specifications of the product may be modified for improvement without notice.
f. The formal specifications must be exchanged and signed by both parties before large volume purchase begins.